Yes, I know it seems exciting and adventurous, but consider this. We found out back in June that this was a possibility. We talked to the kids and let ourselves dream of island life. We researched schools and looked for houses online. Then time passed, and we heard nothing, it was wait wait wait for us and so, life went on as usual. And we went to the beach for the month of July. And every week it was "We'll know next week for sure." And next week always came and went without a signed contract. So, we came home from the beach, started the kids in school, and moved on with our life. Four kids don't have the attention span for this kind of waiting game, so we wrote the checks to pre-school, bought the supplies, and school clothes, and caught the bus on Thursday. We reconnected with our friends and signed up for committees. We met teachers and tried to figure out the bus schedule. And then, out of the blue on Friday, we get an e-mail saying that the deal was signed and we are going. So, buckle up as we wrangle our way through the trials and tribulations of moving four children a world and five time zones away.
Facing divorce and betrayal is the most difficult thing God has asked me to endure in my life. I'm beaten down, exhausted, and feel like I thought I was halfway through the desert, only to see there are thousands more miles to go before I find water. I'm starting with "Do YOU think I'm Beautiful" as a way of changing my reality. Here is the chronicle of that journey.
Saturday, August 14, 2010
Is there humidity in Hawaii?
Well, after MONTHS (what feels like years) of sitting on this information and only sharing with a select few folks, I am going public with the fact that my husband, Brian, and I have been entertaining a move. Not to a new neighborhood or a new school district, but from Tennessee to Hawaii. This Southern girl, who speaks with a deep drawl, doesn't know life without 95% humidity, drank iced tea in her baby bottle, once won 4-H'er of the year, and thinks the Gulf coast is the best beach on earth, is moving her family from the "friendliest city in the USA" to "the main island" of Hawaii.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment