I have wanted to blog blog blog, but it just didn't feel right. I've gone through so much over the past three years that was intensely private and I couldn't share it with the world. I overshared alot of my junk with the people around me and I think they are all as sick of hearing it as I am of talking about it. But life goes on, as we all know. I've learned from deaths of people I love, lost love, and heartache that eventually, no matter how firmly your face is planted in the carpet, you will have to get up and start putting one foot in front of the other because, well, that's just how life is. So, I have started not a new chapter in my life, but a whole new book... probably a whole new series to be more correct. I feel like a butterfly in some ways, I feel like I've been a worm for the last 20 years and I'm coming out of my cocoon.
My Mama said to me that there is a change in my voice. She said I sound more like the me she used to know and so much more happy in my own skin. And I think she's right. I can't explain it really, it wasn't a conscious thing in any way, but I was wearing ill-fitted clothing for a long time. I was trying to put the pieces together how they were supposed to look, not how they really felt natural. I was creating a scene somehow. And it feels pretty okay to be shed of that and figuring this thing out on my own. My legs were pretty shaky at first, but now I'm not only standing, I'm taking steps forward and it's liberating.
My divorce is final and I thought I would somehow be dead when I was divorced. I always said I'd rather die than be divorced, but you know what, I'm so glad I didn't die because there IS life on the other side of that courtroom. My kids are settled into the new reality of life. They talk about me being "poor", but they are learning that "no" does not, in fact, kill you! :)
So, this blog has been so focused on family, love, life, and heartache, it doesn't feel like I can really blog about my new chapter here. It feels like I need to change more than just my marital status (though I'll never do that again on FB... who knew they sent out an all points bulletin to the world... )
Here is my new blog address... if you want to follow along, or know someone who might be facing a hard time in their marital state who might be encouraged to know that there is happiness, eventually, when you're left for hanging dead, please share!
Can I Get an Amen: confessions of an ex-housewife
No comments:
Post a Comment